- The delimitation of community lands and the registration of customarily acquired rights should be widely accepted as the basis for securing land rights for groups of family sector producers.
- Family sector producers should participate in and benefit from local investment and economic development.
- The delimitation of community lands and the approval of land concession applications should be integrally linked.
- The SPGC and staff in the District Directorates of Agriculture and Rural Development should be provided the resources and training to meet clearly defined responsibilities.
- The demarcation fees and land taxes should provide most of the revenue required for government-initiated community land delimitations and for the processing of land concession applications.
- The delimitation of community lands should form the basis for improved natural resource management and land use planning.
- A range of NGOs and private sector agencies should be involved in community land delimitation and the processing of land concessions.
- The processing of land concessions and community land delimitations should be coordinated at district level and district level government, NGO and private sector fora should be established to support this.
- A provincial body, established by government but involving various stakeholders should provide overall management and support for the processing of community land delimitations and land concessions.